About This Course
Are you interested in joining thousands of teacher-authors who have gained an additional income by selling their lesson plans and resources online? Then it's time to imagine the possibilities, learn how to create and sell professional teaching resources, and change your future in ways you never imagined!
In this course, you will learn how to get started with your very own business selling lesson plans, worksheets, units of study, and other resources that you create. You will be guided by super-successful teacher-author Shelly Rees each step of the way. From getting started to learning how to use clip art to uploading your very first product in your store, Shelly has outlined each step for you. With your registration in this extra-helpful course, you will receive the following:
- 7 Webinar Videos: Each video walks you through the things you need to do to get started with your own teacher author business today! In the videos, Shelly shares practical tutorials showing you how to create your own resources, use clip art, make product covers, set up your store on TpT, and add your products! It's work at your own pace, which is perfect for busy teachers like you!
- Course Planner: This helpful planner helps you get started and stay on track with creating and selling your lesson plans and teaching resources. For each video session, there is a section of the planner that you will complete as a practical assignment. You will stay accountable by posting your progress and questions in our closed Facebook group!
- Clip Art and Font Toolbox: No need to invest in clip art and fonts right away! This course includes over $50 worth of clip art and fonts in one convenient toolbox. Just download and get started!
- PowerPoint Tutorial Library: This collection of short video tutorials is priceless. The vast majority of teacher authors use PowerPoint to create their resources. This tutorial library has quick videos to help you with things like resizing and manipulating clip art, layering text and images, and creating titles that pop!
So, what are you waiting for? Don't delay another minute! It's time to imagine the possibilities, create and sell professional resources, and change YOUR future! This course is the ultimate tool in helping you begin your very own teacher-author business.
Q: I have never uploaded a resource to sell online. Is this course really for me?
A: This course is helpful to both brand-new teacherpreneurs and teacher-authors who have recently started their journey. Shelly guides you every step of the way, showing you how to create your first resource using PowerPoint and then how to set up your store and upload that product. The video tutorials, lessons, and course materials will be invaluable to you as you get started!
Q: I have not yet opened a TpT store. Will this course help me?
A: Absolutely! Session 6 will show you how to set up shop on TpT and get your first product listed.
Q: What kind of sales income can I expect as a result of taking this course?
A: There are many factors that can affect your own sales, so one number will not fit all here. With some time and careful attention to the details in the course, you can expect to see some sales within your first month! Within two years of starting her own business on TpT, Shelly's sales had surpassed her teaching salary. The tips she shares in this course are the same ones she researched and used on her own journey to success.
Q: Do I have to complete the video session and lessons in a certain time frame? I'm a busy teacher!
A: There is no pressure to complete the videos in a specific amount of time. It's work at your own pace, so it is totally up to you!
Q: What is the cost of this course?
A: This course is valued at over $300, but has an everyday price of $149.
Q: I'm concerned about the cost. Will it really be worth it?
A: Shelly has spent countless hours developing and testing the content of the course, so that you will get the most bang for your buck with this course. With seven detailed, helpful video sessions, an organized planner, a clip art and font toolbox, access to a complete PowerPoint tutorial library, and all the information you need to get successfully started on your teacher author business right out of the gate, it will be completely worth it. When you consider that many teachers have side hustle jobs that cost at least $250 to start, this course is MORE than worth the investment.
Q: Do you offer business coaching and extra support? I really want my business to take off quickly!
A: It is strongly proven that when students have access to a like-minded community, they have much higher levels of success. To make sure you reach your goals, Shelly has a private Facebook group for members of this course. In this group, you will be able to share and connect with other course members in the group. Shelly does not, however, offer personal or business coaching at this time.
Q: What if things change on TpT and the information in the videos is no longer relevant?
A: It's almost guaranteed that things WILL change in our teacher-author world. Shelly does her best to stay current with those changes and revise things in the course accordingly.
Q: What things besides the course do I need to begin my business?
A: You will need a computer (your own....not your school's) and PowerPoint. You may also want to consider investing in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, but it is not necessary.
Q: Why do I need PowerPoint?
A: Surprisingly, the vast majority of teachers use PowerPoint to digitally create their resources to sell online. PowerPoint is great for many reasons. It is easy to layer text and images, and manipulating elements is simple. If you are not that familiar with PowerPoint, no worries! The course sessions and tutorial library has you covered!
- Writing Mini Clip Art Set by Ashley Hughes
- Arrows and Accents by Digital Mojo
- Bubble Fonts by Simply STEAM
- Background Paper by OldMarket
- School Supplies Clip Art Set by Sweet Little Frog
- Skinny Arrow Page Borders by SillyODesign
- Arrow Page Dividers and Colorful Banners by Savannah Collins
- Star-Themed Font, Borders, and Clip Art by Sandra Naufal
- Chalkboard and White Frames by Shelly Rees
- Skinny Double Lined Page Borders by Shelly Rees
- Skinny Single Lined Page Borders by Shelly Rees
- New Seller Clipart Kit 1 by Educlips
- New Sellers Clipart Kit 2 by Educlips
- New Sellers Clipart Kit 3 by Educlips
- Place Value Blocks by Carrie Lutz
- Clock Faces and Hands
- Fish Clip Art by Mei Li Designs
- Using the Eyedropper Tool
- Aligning Text, Images, and Objects
- Grouping and Ungrouping Objects
- Adjusting Brightness of Photos and Images
- Transparent Text Box Overlays
- Adding Borders to Images and Text Boxes
- Adding Fill, Lines, and Shadow to Text
- Shapes and Lines
- Distributing Text and Images Vertically and Horizontally
- Inserting and Resizing Clip Art
- Layering Objects and Text
- Removing Backgrounds of Photos or Images
- Saving a PowerPoint File as a PDF
- Saving PowerPoint Slides as JPEGs
- Setting the Size of PowerPoint Slides
- How to Add a Border, Text, or Image to All Slides at Once
- How to Create Your Own Simple Page Borders
- How to Replace (Change) Fonts in a PowerPoint
- Reducing File Size
- Adding Copyright to Products
- Creating Master Templates of Various Sizes
- Making a Circle Logo
- Making a Photo Circle Logo
- Securing a PDF with Adobe Pro DC
- How to Make a Half Page Booklet
- How to Make Task Cards
- How to Make a Word Search
- How to Install a Font
- How to Make a Store Banner
- How to Add a Banner to Your Store
About the Instructor
In January, 2014, Shelly uploaded her first paid resource to Teachers Pay Teachers. Within 9 months, she reached the first official TpT milestone, and found the next milestone within the next year. She believes her quick success was possible due to a variety of factors, including working in a focused manner and using the 8 steps outlined in her course, TpT Focused Success. Shelly is both honored and grateful to have been a panelist and a three-time presenter at the TpT National Convention. In her sessions, she presented a helpful overview of the TpT Focused Success Steps. The response from teacher-authors was overwhelmingly positive, and it soon became evident that there was a need for a deeper exploration of the 8 Focused Success steps. From that, the TpT Focused Success Course for sellers was born!
Course members have enjoyed the benefit of the video webinars, product planner aligned to the 8 steps, and Shelly's guidance and monthly challenges in a closed Facebook community. As a result, many members report greatly increased sales and a much higher level of success with their TpT businesses. Shelly now looks forward to sharing her expertise, strategies, and skills with other teacher-authors so they can achieve their desired level of success as teacherpreneurs!
Upon seeing a need for teachers wanting to begin selling their own lesson plans and resources online, Shelly developed a second course, Becoming a Teacherpreneur. She envisioned this course being the one-stop toolbox teachers need to get a quick start on the road to becoming successful business owners and changing their lives for the better. What better side hustle for a teacher than to own his or her own business creating resources for other teachers around the world?
Shelly Rees has over 23 years of practical teaching experience in the elementary classroom. She is very passionate about creating classroom materials that engage students in the learning process. Shelly believes that by providing students with the tools and skills they need to effectively organize their thoughts and learning, they will achieve a greater level of academic success. Saving teachers time and reducing their daily stress are also major influences in the resources that she creates.
If you are interested in bringing your business to the next level, these courses are for you! Shelly is ready to help you and a wonderful community of sellers is waiting for you to join in the fun!